Kenton Bar Boys 2



In response to Sir Kev, I now give you 'magnificent 5:The Sun:Kenton Bar Boys article...when I was alive I upped a post(see post 'Kenton Bar Boys' 2009 if you are interested in learning more) Where I waxed lyrical about the so called 'Kenton Bar Boys' which stemmed from an article written in the Sun newspaper in 1983...
The good news is...
I have discovered this missing piece of jigsaw after months of tireless research and hour of time spent in thedarkest and deepest crevices of the earth...
I was right about the deeley boppers and kilts, wrong about the starza jumpers and forgot about the stocking masks...The jpeg is small...I hope you can read it...if not I have transcribed it below...so here is part of the article from the Sun newspaper dated Friday 26th August 1983(28 years ago)...Now I do have the full article...however due to many of our avid fans being octogenarean old men of a fragile disposition I have censored the shocking part in column 2...it was truly dreadful oh my brothers, all about the nozh, oozy and britva...so that it why it is coloured out in the red(danger) zone colour...
Why did the journalist choose 'Kenton Bar Boys'?...alliteration maybe, but whatever it was UTTER TOTAL FABRICATED NONSENSE...

'GLAMOUR boy Kevin Keegan may rule
Newcastle United on the field, but on the terraces it is the Kenton Bar Boys who are the strutting kings of their domain.
Instead of tailored slacks and sports motif jumpers they wear kilts and scruffy tops.
Once inside the ground they pull gruesome stocking masks over their faces and sprout deely-bopper antennae on their heads.'
Kenton Bar Pyramid Appreciation Society

Comments

Post a Comment

Don't be shy - let it fly

Popular posts from this blog

Kenton Bar Pyramid - The Icon of Kenton Bar Estate

kenton bar football team 1974-75