February...What a month!

well well well...
what's it to be then, eh?...
what a month February was...
9 posts including 2 fantastic posts of hitherto unseen photos of our beloved pyramid courtesy of Ryder & Yates/Rutter Carroll...and then there's the magnificent previously unseen St Cuthbert's Green photo as well...the mystery of the plaque beside the arch 95% solved(we need to find out what is written on it)...but there's still the 3rd photo, photo 10 of the 8th wonder of the world yet to be revealed...well, do you want to see it?...or should we choose selfishness over altruism?...
I reckon were up to 297 posts...3 more and thats 300...on July 21st the blog is 2 years old...
Hope you enjoy the blog and please keep your contributions and comments coming...this is the history of the beautiful estate where we grew up on in the making... and a legacy for others to come....
best wishes,
Kenton Bar Blog

Comments

  1. Quick- there is a Hazeldene Avenue T1A for sale!

    Details here- Jan Foster Estates

    Price guide £78k, be sure to check out the roof terrace when you go to view it ;-)

    p.s. every time I comment I get a tinter bounce email message...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just twigged they are both the same property from different Estate Agents.

    Note the extra beam supporting the landing on the six steps to heaven, I'd forgotten about that.

    One random memory- the council fitted the two WCs with black toilet seats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the view of the magic staircase and the beam-a great find... and an unknown piece of jigsaw! however I would not pretend to be an interested potential buyer so as to see the wonderful extra staircase & roof terrace, me being an altruistic cub scout type;)...the virtual tour via the jan Foster Estates link is superb! good find Shades!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to love that little landing bit...if I lived in a T1 now I would fit a bar there with a counter and 2 stools...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can remember us having a house warming party and me standing up there doing a spoof "So long, farewell" from The Sound of Music when I reluctantly went to bed.

    I had to kip in the front bedroom that night because there was far too much noise coming up the central heating ducts, even with the grille closed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ha ha!
    just checked out the scene at utube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShOP5s7kBGY
    (Dunno how to imbed this as a link in comments and make it orange)...
    I STILL reckon a bar would be better, but I can now see your use of it as a stage!
    anyone else like to share their recollections of the top landing bit(and its uses?)...

    ReplyDelete
  7. We already had a bar in the lounge, a lovely bit of V shaped "G Plan" with a genuine Formica top that I think we bought from Bainbridges. It took up way too much room in Eland Close but worked better in the Leech Estate House where the lounge was bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  8. In fact if I owned a T1 I would have 2 bars:
    a)on the bottom deck under the stairs bit,
    b) and at the top on the little landing as aformentioned...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Don't be shy - let it fly

Popular posts from this blog

Kenton Bar Pyramid - The Icon of Kenton Bar Estate

kenton bar football team 1974-75