9th photo of 8th wonder of the world

Wonderful eh?...this confirms the 3 semi circles visible above the concrete in photo 8 were the top of three kids heads!(all 3 Ryder & Yates photos presumably taken on the same day)-incidently I do believe the lads could be the Slater family-Glen, Shaun and another brother whose name I forget!...no idea who the 2 girls are, but probably sisters/twins(identically dressed) Glen(older brother) possibly sitting on a chopper bike(left handle bar visible)
No water coming out of the pyry-post water era...3 concrete alcoves visible here for the humble resident to rest their weary limbs after shopping...but no doubt no wooden bit to sit on due to mindless vandalism... is that a drainage trench in the top of the concrete wall?How did it work do you think?
Hope you like it

Comments

  1. I can't decide if this was before or after my shot. The flats look a bit more weather worn under the windows but the pyramid looks less marked.

    Note that the Newsagents has foil strip broken window detectors for the burglar alarm. The Off Licence had trembler switches and a bad lad from the middle reaches showed me how easy it was to set off by bashing the glass with his bum.

    I remember the three alcoves and the middle one being smaller, no idea why.

    I think the groove in the top of the wall is simply an expansion gap, sealed with a rubbery compound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe the alcove design catered for 4&2 people?-the nuclear family and the couple...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shades, we have just discovered that these photos were taken in November 1975...when did you take yours?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not entirely certain, any time between 1972 and 1976 I reckon. The print is undated and it was probably 126 type film. I have yet to find the negative.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Don't be shy - let it fly

Popular posts from this blog

Kenton Bar Pyramid - The Icon of Kenton Bar Estate

kenton bar football team 1974-75