Broomley Walk 2


I suddenly thought 'I wonder if the other street signs on Red House Farm Estate have 'Gosforth' above them like on the Broomley Walk photo(see post 'Broomley Walk' Nov 2010)...so I went and reconnoitered the estate and found...that no other street sign on the estate has the 'Gosforth' above the street name in black capital letters!
So that is a legacy from the time when Studdon Walk on our beloved Kenton Bar Estate was known as Broomley Walk!... Here for example is the 'Broomley Court' sign on Red House Farm...fascinating eh?...hmmm... oh oh...just noticed that this sign is written in black whereas the Broomley Walk is in red font with Gosforth in black capitals above... I wonder if only the 'Broomley Walk' sign is written in red?...now I need to go and look again at other signs on Red House! my goodness... will the trials and tribulations of ghost of mensforth ever end?...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kenton Bar Pyramid - The Icon of Kenton Bar Estate

kenton bar football team 1974-75