News from the front

Hello my friends!
News from the front:
I sent an email to our kind and noble friend at Ryder:

'Dear kind and noble friend,
you know how RIBA had plans of the electric houses of
Kenton Bar on display at the RIBA 'Reinvigorating the
Region'exhibition?-I presume these came from Ryder-do you not have the
plans of any of the other types of houses on Kenton Bar we can access?
also, The T1a's(split level houses at the top of the estate on Hazeldene
Ave) were subsequently modified when they were built on other streets on
the estate(they lost the white triangle roof thing accessed via special
stairs)My mam told me this was because 'the builders ran out of money
and were taken over and another company finished building the estate'
but I now presume this was nonsense, so I wonder why the design changed?
Please please help us,
Mensforth

The reply was as follows:

Dear Mensforth,
We don't have any of the plans, these came from the RIBA Archives at
RIBA headquarters at 66 Portland Place, London.

I have been in touch with RIBA headquarters and we await a reply from these noble people...fingers crossed...

Now as an aside...do you know which post has had the most comments on this blog?...

mensforth

Comments

  1. 6th photo of 8th wonder of the world?

    (I can't be arsed to scroll back any further than that!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Correct!
    You get a biscuit...
    (Master, give Shades a biscuit)...
    Because you have bothered to find this owt I will share a tale that the master once told me...he reckoned when he was a kid at Kenton Bar School he had a tecka who used to 'teach' PE by getting the kids to pick 2 teams every week themselves and just play football for an hour whilst he stood on the sideline smoking a few fags and refereed(without moving) whilst they played...ha ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In Dublin's fair city,
    Where the girls are so pretty,
    I first laid my eyes on sweet Molly Malone,
    She wheels her wheelbarrow
    Through streets broad and narrow,... See more
    Crying, "Cockles and mussels, alive, alive oh"!

    Alive, alive oh! alive, alive oh!
    Crying, "Cockles and mussels, alive, alive oh"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I fear the master was mortal drunk when he posted this rambling drunken drivel taken from an Irish song...what an earth it has to do with this post I have no idea, me being a tee-total ex cub scout type...
    Shame on you master!
    Shame on you!
    Shame on you!
    unless...maybe I underestimate the genius of the master?...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Don't be shy - let it fly

Popular posts from this blog

Kenton Bar Pyramid - The Icon of Kenton Bar Estate

kenton bar football team 1974-75