Sledging down Ryal Walk


I remember one time I was up at the top of Ryal Walk observing the stars with my telescope one flip dark chill winter notchy(night) for an astronomy badge from the cubs(If you recall I told you I was a cubscout) In those days, as I have already said we used to have proper winters with proper crunchy snow, inches deep. Ryal Walk and indeed all the paths would be covered with snow 7" thick, and this night I observed a terrible thing that still shocks me to this day: 2 horrible hooligan ruffian types (from the bottom no doubt) came up to the top of Ryal Walk with a sledge. These 2 horrible hooligans then proceeded to make about 20 snowballs and then climbed aboard the sledge. Off they went hurtling down Ryal walk, and as they did the hoooligan on the back(the other hooligan was driving the sledge) threw snowballs at every window on the way down smecking their gullivers off... the poor victims coming out to find... no one in sight, as by now those hooligans were probably at the step pyramid down by the flats...it was shocking...I was scared...how dreadful...

Comments

Post a Comment

Don't be shy - let it fly

Popular posts from this blog

Kenton Bar Pyramid - The Icon of Kenton Bar Estate

kenton bar football team 1974-75

Kenton Triumphant