Kenton Bar Boys

I remember one time, maybe early 80s? The Sun newspaper did a 4 page article about'football hooligan gangs' in England. I remember laughing my head off at what they said about Newcastle United hooligans-apparently they were called the 'Kenton Bar Boys' and wore dweeley boopers(or was it deeley boppers?) on their head with black and white kilts!(they may have also said starza jumpers, but Im not sure...)-All the kids on the estate thought this load of bollocks a great thing, but of course it was pure nonsense, made up by the Sun. I have tried to find this article but have been unable to. It may be possible to find it in the Sun archives online-(they charge for this however)but it was true I tell you! anyone else remember this?

Comments

  1. I found it...it took a hell of lot of work... but...I found it...but your not interested in it are you?...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I am. I only say Meh to ACO stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Order of the day: get it on the blog now you oaf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes master, this very notchy it shall be done, as I have to go out out out to rabbit now, this being the law, bog blast them...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Don't be shy - let it fly

Popular posts from this blog

Kenton Bar Pyramid - The Icon of Kenton Bar Estate

kenton bar football team 1974-75

Kenton Triumphant