Stolen Cider





The blog received yet another email from the' another anonymous tortured soul ', our new regular contributor...this time a terrible confession about something that happened 25 years ago...the only reason we post it is because it is clear that this unfortunate sinner seeks redemption for his crime and asks for advice as to what he can do to make amends...
Take a deep breath and read this terrible tale oh my brothers...
25 years ago I was a young person aged about 18...I remember that a big gang of us from Kenton Bar Estate and Kenton started drinking along the Gosforth High Street. We went into the Gosforth Hotel, which at that time you may recall had all these like separate cubicles designed like railway carriages. I remember it was my round.At that time we were all still drinking cider. I ordered 16 pints of cider(there were 16 of us). At pint 15 the barrel ran out. The waiter went to change it, down the cellar... someone said 'let's leg it with the pints!!!'-I curcummed to peer pressure and off we nashed, out out and out across to the Queen Vic on the corner-there outside we downed in one the 15 pints in 2 seconds flat and then hid inside the Vic...-I distinctly remember we put the pint glasses outside on the windowsill of the Queen Vic as we were afraid to take them in in case they were different style glasses to the one's they used-so we avoided paying for 15 pints. At that time a pint of cider cost 50p. I confess my crime now to you, and am in tears about my wicked deed, which has haunted me all my life. Please suggest what I should do about it.
Yours
Tortured Soul


Well readers, any advice?

Comments

Post a Comment

Don't be shy - let it fly

Popular posts from this blog

Kenton Bar Pyramid - The Icon of Kenton Bar Estate

kenton bar football team 1974-75

Kenton Triumphant