unknown brilliant band from Kenton Bar Estate

There was another band whom I chanced upon to see from Kenton Bar Estate at the 'Dog and Parrot'...I do not remember their name, but a shiver went down mein spine when I heard them...they were as good as The Friendly Bombs!...now mind this was when I was no longer a young man, but an octogenarian old man aged about 30ish...what I can tell you after some research is that:
a) The lead singer was a kid who was 3 years younger than me called 'Specky Eddy' who lived up at the top of the estate on Ryal Walk apparently...also Hendas(anarchist tendency lesser mortal award august 2010) was there watching them with a load of other ruffians and bounders...
can anyone add more details re this brilliant band?...

Comments

  1. Deadpan Joy was the band and Specky Eddy 'Ed Hayles' is my brother

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much for this...I hope you dont mind me celebrating their brilliance by upping the you tube link I had the joy to find?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Specky Eddy (who I believe was the real talent in the band Deadpan Joy) has done some great solo work recently. You can see his videos on youtube..... search for edmeister1 and it will bring up his stuff. The man is close to genius.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I concur...blown away...I particularly like 'I am the Sun'...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aye thats one of my favs. I know the singers brother a bit (the first anonymous above) and he sometimes sends me links to his songs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A thousand thanks for both your contributions to the blog....I only ever saw DeadPan Joy once...I wish I had been able to follow them more, but unfortunately I died...GOM :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Don't be shy - let it fly

Popular posts from this blog

Kenton Bar Pyramid - The Icon of Kenton Bar Estate

kenton bar football team 1974-75

Kenton Triumphant