types of homes 2

At the behest of the master I found Shades original post in the comments in the post 'Types of houses'(sept 19 2009)..was this it Shades, or were you somehow able to identify more designations for each type of housing?...if so I will spend as long as it takes to find the comment!


Shades said:
'Before we moved in we were sent a flyer telling us about the Estate and the different types of houses in it. The split levels were called a T1.

The six types I remember are:

T1- Split levels
T?- The terraced ones with a single storey kitchen joining a two storey block running North/South
T?- The electric only houses with underfloor heating running East/West
T?- The cube three floor flata
T?- The flat roof bungalows
T?- The eight blocks of flats around the Pyry area.

I don't really recall the other blocks of flats south of the Pyry near the Primary school- what was at Ground floor level?

The two variants to the design were the Children's Home double bungalow at the eastern end and the special split-levels (known as T1(A) (or possibly T1/A) on Kenton Lane.

I did have a friend in a T1/A, it was just the same as what ours was except that instead of the landing at the top of the stairs, the staircase kept going. Out on the roof, low barrier walls separated each house above the lounges, a design feature not bothered with on the regular T1's.

I did see inside one of the flats on the lower Pyry plaza, it was still being built and the bottom door into the communual hallway was secured only with a hinge and screw, small beer to my scratter friends. This may well have been my first Urban exploration.'

Comments

  1. I think I did another post pinning it down a bit more (and taking it up to eight types).

    ReplyDelete
  2. in which case my mission is incomplete and I will keep looking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got it!!!
    Here you go master:
    (Shades)'I reckon from memory that the electric ones were T3 and the ones with the single storey kitchen/diner were the T2. (I had friends that lived in these types, but not the others, although I did visit a bungalow later on).

    I can remember thinking when they did the list that it was pretty much the order you came to the different types from the top so the cubes might have been T4, Flats T5, Bungalows T6.'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Then T7s were the 4 beds and T8s were the Pyry flats (which were different to the other flats) or perhaps the other way round.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Don't be shy - let it fly

Popular posts from this blog

Kenton Bar Pyramid - The Icon of Kenton Bar Estate

kenton bar football team 1974-75

Kenton Triumphant