map scar

The blog received yet another email from the' another anonymous tortured soul '...I whole heartedly agree with him... God WAS punishing him for his churlish stupidity re the stone owl and the trap...

'Long long ago I received the gift of a pair of roller skates on my birthday. At that time they were all the rage, before skateboards came along. Anyway, the day I got them I went out along Studdon Walk, an ungamely albatross on wheels. I tried to master to skate-I immediately failed with dire consequences-the wheels hit a pavement slab that was not set properly or perhaps had been dislodged by ruffians from down the bottom jumping up and down on it for the sheer hell of it. I found myself hurtling toward the map at Studdon, overbalancing and it was inevitable that a collision was to happen. Fear, trepidation, my life swam around me-it took a look and drowned me in its own existance-the stone owl-the trap-the sword of Damocles striking down at the behest of God to punish me for my wicked sins- At the last moment I turned my face away from the corner of the map-result:a 2 cm gash right at the corner of my left eye, steaming blood resulting in an emergency trip to hospital, stitches and a 2 cm scar that I still carry to this day-better than the loss of an eye!
Anyone else got scars from their time on Kenton Bar Estate?'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kenton Bar Pyramid - The Icon of Kenton Bar Estate

kenton bar football team 1974-75

Kenton Triumphant