he's crying...


Once upon a time there was a kid who cried once( god knows why), but I never forgot that he did...I was maybe 9 and he was maybe 8...I do believe it was a duff that this kid had been challenged to do but could not...I know not his name...anyway, at the time as he burst into tears I commented laconically "He's crying"...
After that, everytime I saw that kid for the rest of his life I always used to say to whoever I was with 'he's crying'(but so he could hear)...at first he smiled...but then the novelty wore off..by the time he was 13 and I had said this to him a million times he know longer smiled...his mouth was a thin horizontal line, his brow furrowed...then one day I saw him on Kenton School field, in an army cadet uniform, marching down towards Kenton Bar Estate...he had now joined the Army Cadets and was marching down from their 'hut' up at the top of Kenton School field after training...he was now maybe 16...I started shouting(to my mate who was with me but intending that he would hear) 'HE'S CRYING!!!...HE'S CRYING!!!.'...now at last he took umbridge... after 8 years of torture...this was the straw that broke the camels back, now that he had been trained to kill using only his little finger...this could not and would not be endured...he made a sudden detour,now no longer heading due north, but north east,marching towards me... the intention of murder was clear in his glazed red glazzies(eyes)...his swinging marching fists were clenched, his teeth were bared...now me being a humble cub scout type, I decided that diplomacy was the better part of valor, and retreated...(In those days I was like a young gazelle,my body a temple and I was well fit and danced about just out of reach of the marching enraged soldier, just out of reach)...eventually he gave up,he not able to catch me...but he marched off resplendent in his army cadet uniform, triumphant in the belief that he had bested his nemesis...or so he thought...ha ha ha!
Do you remember this, 'He's Crying'?!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kenton Bar Pyramid - The Icon of Kenton Bar Estate

kenton bar football team 1974-75

Kenton Triumphant