Fast Food




When we were kids on our beloved Kenton Bar Estate there was actually no fast food option initially...if thou wanted fish & chips even, one had to go to North Kenton shops...
but then Beefy(Tariq Aziz doppelganger) opened the Kenton Bar Chippy after taking over the old laundrette...so now you could get fish and chips from either North Kenton Shops or Kenton Bar Shops...(I am sorry to say oh Beefy that the North Kenton fish & chip shop was far superior to yours, oh my brother)...
now I remember when I was say 16... a mate of mine moved to London and I went down once...I remember going to McDonalds for the first time ever(there were no McDonalds in the UK apart from London) and had a meal plus a 'root beer'...(1980's ish...apparently you cannot get it(root beer) no more...)
the whole experience was amazing....American like..(get off your horse and drink your milk...)
next came the kebab shop...now me and the master fell hook line and sinker for this, and rightly so...I remember one night we went out to town(horrible Newcastle Town) and had about 4/5 kebabs...but back on beloved Kenton Bar Estate this was not an option...only fish & chips...now of course you can get a kebab & fish and chips& pizza at the former Kenton Bar Fish & Chip Shop... alas no longer run by Beefy...
But I say again, in my day it was only fish & chips...
Next post: 'meals mamma used to make...'

Comments

  1. Finlays at north Kenton shops is still there

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't think it was called Finlays in my time...does this mean Spud & Egg own it now?... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. got a flier through my door this god forsaken day...it read
    'Ali Geez Fast Food' at Mallowburn Cres shops... ... the food on the flier looks lush...anyone tried the food?...is it a new shop or it where the fish and chip shop was?...delivery is only £1...yum yum...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Don't be shy - let it fly

Popular posts from this blog

Kenton Bar Pyramid - The Icon of Kenton Bar Estate

kenton bar football team 1974-75

Kenton Triumphant