Slug Guns–many kids had these on the estate

imageOK – who had a slug gun? I did. I was the proud owner of a Diana SP50 as pictured here. This weapon was a breech loading air pistol and was very simple indeed – the only drawback being that the breech plug (part number LT057) could be lost easily after unscrewing – indeed I remember buying at least three replacements during the time I had this weapon. The main spring was also not really up to the mark and after a while would get weaker and weaker eventually rendering the weapon little better than a pop gun. We would use it for various purposes…………. shooting at caravans, cats, birds (but never dogs - why?) I can honestly say that I never managed to kill anything or anyone – even though I did fire it at John Wright on one occasion hitting his hand and he yelped like a stuck piggy.image
I did hear that some used to fire at the CU Phosco P178 light shades on Kenton Bar Estate……. not me guv’nor……

Comments

  1. I never had no slug gun oh mein master but I do remember a 'spud' gun...you like stuck it into a potato and it made a potato like bullet...then you could fire this projectile at whatever...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I heard you were not allowed one on the grounds of insanity. All the ream MEN-BOYS had them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I remember slug guns, someone (not to be named) shot my dad in the back with one on Thirston Way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Don't be shy - let it fly

Popular posts from this blog

Kenton Bar Pyramid - The Icon of Kenton Bar Estate

kenton bar football team 1974-75

Kenton Triumphant