Lamppost 2


This one is a different type of Stalag lamppost. They have built a winding path across the grassed hill area where the beautiful step pyramid is at Hartburn Walk which leads to the public footpath that still runs up to Kenton Lane past St Cuthberts and new build Kenton School...these lampposts serve to illuminate the said path...there are 3/4 of these, very tall with seemingly a myriad of bulbs in each lamp(zoom in x2 to viddy)-wonder what the glow is like on a night?...no doubt harsh and horrible...the winding path is visible on Google Earth, but the photo must of been taken when the path was just being built as there are no streetlights. Maybe El can insert a link to this post as it is beyond my intellectual capacity...

Comments

  1. It's an LED light - a larger version of the torches you can buy in any pound shop - and as with the torches, the light is very white but at the same time, cold and faint. Not like the warm glow of sodium lighting - the monochromatic orange, not the later 'peachy' colour, but both of those were better too. There's one of these LED lights near my home in Lancashire and I have grave doubts as to its efficacy.

    BTW I had some photos from Kenton Bar but can't find them, however I know my sister has one or two so I'll ask her next time I see her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrew - looking froward to seeing the pics - either post them to Flickr and I will nick them down or use the contact El Patron link in the right hand side menus and send me your email address. I will contact you be return.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Don't be shy - let it fly

Popular posts from this blog

Kenton Bar Pyramid - The Icon of Kenton Bar Estate

kenton bar football team 1974-75

Kenton Triumphant