Josie Burk's painting of the Pyramid!




I found it! YEEEEEEEEEEESS!!!!
It took me 2 days and 4 hours but I found the article! Let me tell you oh mein brothers I was in seventh heaven and full of the joys of, punching the air in triumph when this came up after hours of tireless research...
It was in the Evening Chronicle Friday 28th August 1971 edition...
Now we hope to be able to get a better scan, but for now this will have to do...make do and mend!
I cut the article into 3 bits.
the top bit explains Josie's motivation for the painting, but I obviously disagree with her sentiments..(hope you can read the text by clicking on it).interestingly at first I thought the photo showed Ryal Walk but it cannot be, as they did not face east...could it be Fawlee Green or Beal Green?...and...could that be... a concrete map of the estate behind the car?...oh my God!...a double find!?...butI dont recall no map at Fawlee or Beal?...the middle picture shows a radiant looking Josie aged 29...thank you so much for painting this wonderful painting and letting us find it to share with all our avid readers Josie!
The last picture is of the painting itself...let me tell you it took my breath away, all went into slow motion as it came down on the microfilm machine...
utter beauty and perfection...
Like before Josie has exercised artistic licence to amalgamate images from the estate...the beautiful pyramid, the 8th wonder of the world painted to perfection in the background., aesthetically daubed by the artist with 'NKAB' blood like dripping down the face(this was not true of course...it may have had NKAB daubed on it but not like this)...then we have 3 magnificent electric type houses in the middle with the 'thoughtful' child and the hidious cottages in the foreground...now I dont see why anyone would rather live in a ghastly cottage as suggested by this work of art...the von of horrible flowers and hundreds of nasty wasps buzzing about also, not to mention the dreadful shoom of church bells going off on the hour every hour...no mein goot friends, the background was best...our lovely beloved Kenton Bar Estate...the box next to the child...tissues for tears?
Thank you so much fancythat and Josie! what a find!!!

Comments

  1. The child is clearly "fancythat". This is a wonderful find dear spectre Mensforth. Truly a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont know if fancythat will thank thou for that ha ha!
    I am pleased thou art pleased...I exist(albeit only in ghostly form now...) only to serve thou, mein master :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can we declare "combat operations over" or is the battle still raging?

    BTW - it is definitely fancythat in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. FANTASTIC..you found it.You may have 2 rich tea biscuits! I award you with an "OPE"...Order of the Pyramid Empire.Arise sir Mensforth!!
    Yes tis me in the painting.Thanks mother for portraying me so beautifully!!!I had good bone structure at the tender age of 7,nes't pas?.The tissues were indeed for tears....,tears of boredom...I had to sit like that for 3 soddin weeks!
    The first photo showing a row of houses, well I just assumed it was Reestones,where we lived.However on closer inspection tis not as the car parking is not right for Reestones.It cant be Fawlee or Beal Green as they were much shorter rows.I think it's Studdon walk.Where the cars are parked is one of those long blocks of flats, which is studdon walk, so I'm assuming the row in question is the same street name?
    Last but not least my Mum looks stunning..shame about her hideous looking daughter!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are right about the street being Studdon Walk-I see it now- well done for clearing that one up!
    So that thing behind the car cannot be a map as the map at studdon was at the end of the bungalows by the flats-to the left of the top photo...maybe its the end of a street sign-I seem to recall now some street signs were set up on free standing notice boards-black with white board, street name in black-maybe wherever there were mini car parking areas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Incidently is that snow on the cars?...in August?!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Don't be shy - let it fly

Popular posts from this blog

Kenton Bar Pyramid - The Icon of Kenton Bar Estate

kenton bar football team 1974-75

Kenton Triumphant