The Gay Gordon


I remember at Kenton Comp in the 70's at xmas in the 1st & 2nd year in PE we joined up with the girls (PE was taught seperately) to do...The Gay Gordon Dance...
Now I hated this, me
a) not being a good dancer and
b) being an ugly chap(zits,blackheads,stys and warts)...why?
because the teckas ordered us (boys sitting on one side of the girls gym) to go across (to the other side where the girls were sitting) and ask them(girls) to be your partner...they never made them come and ask us!-apparently according to Mr Morton this was 'traditional'...Needless to say the girls usually refused when you asked them(will you danth with me?...URRGH! No way! or accepted with abject horror(as they were the last one's picked and like you had no choice) resulting in total humiliation for us poor ugly types who had had to ask them to dance, forced by brutal teckas. only too keen to belt you if you wouldnt play...
how I hated having to do this horrible bloody dance...the torture lasted throughout December...cant remember if there was and end purpose to it...here is the'happy jolly'tune I came to loathe..
anyone else remember this pure torture?

Comments

  1. I remember this torture very well - the Gay Gordon was not the only dance though. One year one of the lesser gym fascists (I think Pollock) even made us do "disco dancing' a la John Travolta - pure cringe material I can tell ya. Now - I actually grew to enjoy these episodes. My method was simple - go for the bird with the prettiest face and the biggest tits. I chose the same girl every year for 5 years - although I never did get to "sex her up" - god damn it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dashing white sergeant, march of the mods...

    We only had compulsory dancing in Lower school as the Xmas Discos were in the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny that they taught us this "dancing" at around Christmas time. I guess with a hope that we would dance these dances during the school Christmas party. What happened in fact is that no one danced these dances and were actually preoccupied with smuggling bottles of cider and cans of beer into the venue rather than dancing of any sort.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Don't be shy - let it fly

Popular posts from this blog

Kenton Bar Pyramid - The Icon of Kenton Bar Estate

kenton bar football team 1974-75

Kenton Triumphant