More celebrities Pre-1988 – Denea Wilde – The STAR of Get Carter

imageI was on a flight overnight from UK to Hong Kong where I now live and happened to watch “Get Carter” the hit 70’s movie. There was a scene with a club singer and the credits said her name was “Denea Wilde”……well she happened to live opposite me on Kenton Bar for some years with a lady called Kim who was an exotic dancer and VERY VERY pretty (not sure if they were related or not.) More as I recollect…………Kim had a son called Simon who I was mates with for a while even though he was younger than me and I used to go and buy tabs and stuff , messages, for Denea at the offy……and get a 10 pence tip into the bargain! She was a larger than life character and made the estate what it was/is – a great place to live. She walked with the aid of a walking stick and was renowned fro her liberal use of the FUCK word – no matter who she was talking to or where she was.

Everyone knew her simply as “Dene” and not as Denea though. Maybe this was her stage name.

http://www.getcartertour.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/getcarter/extras/denea.htm

Not a lot of people know that……………

Comments

  1. Most interesting master, a golden piece of jigsaw award!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There were at least a couple of turns back in the 70's. Stew's Mum used to sing in clubs with a Watkins Copicat (as used by Gilbert O'Sullivan) and Tudd's Dad used to play keyboards in the Pineapple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deane and Kim lived next door to us for a while, I used to go to the shops for them and they'd give me 20p for going. Not much you might say but 40 year ago i thought i was minted

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I know why I got to go so often! - I was undercutting your price by 10 pence. There's capitalism for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A truly great movie - I want to watch it again and again. Maybe I can get it on eBay?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet she don't smell too good now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My late mother always reckoned I bought a box of matches for Micael Caine during the filming of Get Carter. I didn't have any recollection of it mind, especially as I would have been only eight at the time. Mind you, my brothers and I used to buy London Lights so I might have bought matches as well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Don't be shy - let it fly

Popular posts from this blog

Kenton Bar Pyramid - The Icon of Kenton Bar Estate

kenton bar football team 1974-75

Kenton Triumphant