Lesser Mortals - Harry Cough-Cough

http://kentonbar.blogspot.com

As the master had been waxing lyrical about 'celebrities' from those halcyon distant days of youth on the estate it got me thinking about lesser mortals who were not exactly 'celebrities' but rather 'characters'...
one of these was a chap we called 'Harry Cough-Cough' who lived in the 'normal' middle part of the estate.... We called him that as he had a habit of coughing every other word. so for example a conversation might run like this:
"Can you lot(cough cough)stop playing bloody football(cough cough)on this green(cough cough) and(cough cough) go and bloody play(cough cough) on the big bloody field!..."
He was not a half tongued geordie I recall,maybe Bristol area... he had a daughter who was maybe a year or two younger than me who used to pretend to be a horse all the time at Kenton Bar Primary...every playtime she ran about mimicking a horse...I never forgot this and when she went to Kenton Comp as soon as I saw her on the yard on her first day I immediately pretended to be a horse,galloping up to her following her about galloping, neighing and whinnying, and she fled inside in embarrassment...big mistake...after that If I ever saw her at playtime I used to immediate pretend to be a horse, galloping about behind her,following if she tried to escape neighing and whinnying horse like... I made sure I did it for the next 4 years...ha ha ha!

Comments

  1. I know exactly who this young lady is - her first name is beginning with an L. I seem to remeber that she flowered somewhat in the later years at school and stopped pretending to be a horse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ans she was particularly pneumatic shall we say

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Don't be shy - let it fly

Popular posts from this blog

Kenton Bar Pyramid - The Icon of Kenton Bar Estate

kenton bar football team 1974-75

Kenton Triumphant