eMail from James Perry – co-curator of the exhibition “Reinvigorating the region”

 

Reinvigorating the region can be found by clicking HERE

HI – I just received this email from James Perry. The hunt for the elusive pyramid pics is getting closer is my guess……

 

eMail:-

Hi,

I just thought I'd get in touch to say congratulations on the great website. I came across it whilst reading up about the 'Reinvigorating the region' exhibition whilst myself and my partner wrote, designed and curated last year. Although its only just being presented its worth a look if your interested in the Kenton Bar estate. I have to say we found it very difficult to find information out about the project as somehow it appears to have disappeared off the radar of the architectural press. The best source available on the project is by a local architect and writer called Rutter Caroll who recently published a book on Ryder and Yates architects (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ryder-Yates-Twentieth-Century-Architects/dp/1859462669/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1264205185&sr=8-1). If you haven't got a copy its well worth a read into probably the most significant architects in the north east and has a section on Kenton Bar. I had no idea about the pyramid itself although Rutter did mention some sculpture(s) which had gone missing over the years from the estate. I'm sorry I don't have anything else to offer for the site, but as I said it is very difficult to find information on.

All the best with a really great, if slightly bizarre website.

Kind Regards,

James Perry

Comments

  1. Well, I've treated myself to the book, I look forward to reading it next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't think of anything else that would pass for a sculpture apart from the Pyry. The children's equipment would be straining the definition too much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shades,
    please post any 'missing pieces of the jigsaw' up to the blog once you have read the kenton bar section, thank thou

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank thou, james for your comments about this blog...rarely does the master receive the recognition he deserves for his wonderful blog, and I know he appreciates it!...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Don't be shy - let it fly

Popular posts from this blog

Kenton Bar Pyramid - The Icon of Kenton Bar Estate

kenton bar football team 1974-75

Kenton Triumphant