Tallest tree on the estate 2



Well I went back... I took 2 photos, one of the oak? tree atEland, and one of the tallest tree on the estate which I now know is undoubtably the one in the photo in the 'tallest tree on the estate?' post, and it is this tree at the back of the studdon walk flats, in the 'normal' part of the estate...I am no horticulturalist, so I dont know what type of tree it is...anyone confirm?
Note the external binsheds for the cube flats visible in the photo of the Eland oak tree with the wooden door...I dont recall there being a door on them as is the case here...the only external binsheds with doors I recall were the one's for the shop flats unfinished below the beautiful pyramid...they were white slat doors maybe to keep the bins cool and reduce decomposition of rubbish...

Comments

  1. I am sorry to say that all this talk of a "oak tree" I find ludicrous. As a well known arborist myself I identified only 3-4 tree and bush types on the whole estate during my time there as a youth. To wit:-

    Mountain Ash
    Willow
    Beech
    Hawthorn

    Mensforth - unless you can get a leef from thie alleged "oak" and scan it for publishing on this blog then I will NOT beleive this twaddle. I suggest this is a Mountain Ash

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Don't be shy - let it fly

Popular posts from this blog

Kenton Bar Pyramid - The Icon of Kenton Bar Estate

kenton bar football team 1974-75

Kenton Triumphant