1/2 pence coin


well well well... I said it was the end, but apparently not, due to:
1. comments from our readers which have machinated mein machievellian mind...and also that:
2. the master did post 100 and spoilt the plan...
NB:I will not be spending all my life doing the master's bidding for the blog...as the master himself suggests, I needed to calm down, as it was taking over my life...(thank you wise master...) however anyone who follows this blog, we would appreciate it if you do comment on posts, or even click a reaction as we need to know if there is a demand for MORE...! We aim to please and bring back fond memories of slim youth and more importantly find the holy grail: the elusive 4th photo of she herself, our beloved pyramid...
anyway, here is a post in reply to a comment by 'anonymous' on 'choppers...'

ahhhh, the 1/2 pence coin! I remember it well!...how bloody stupid! bet only us, the stupid english came up with this idiocity when we decimalised in 1971...decimal went 10-100-1000 etc...what was this 1/2 coin bollocks?...more, If it was 1/2 a pence why the hell was it a full circle coin like the 1p coin, eh?Why not a half a coin... I do remember it (1/2p coin) fondly as on Kenton BarEstate, as Tudor crisps were Two and a 1/2 pence for years!
The 1/2 pence coin remained in circulation until 1984, the year of the miners strike...
As a matter of uninterest, Morbid Skullhead, (see blog post 'cows head site' comments)was a jeweller I seem to recall...he used to take 1/2p coins and cut all the coin away except the queen's head and neck,then cut a smile into her candaverous face, then make it into a necklace by attaching it to a chain...
As a matter of interest,anonymous said:
'I bought a chopper from Ian Park for 1/2p. I gave him 1p and told him to keep the change.
I twisted the handlebars around and rode the bike with them back to front.
Choppers were much better than Grifters'
A chopper for 1p?...this beggers belief!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kenton Bar Pyramid - The Icon of Kenton Bar Estate

kenton bar football team 1974-75

Kenton Triumphant