It had 5 vertices, 5 faces and 8 edges...

Did it? as anonymous said, one face was not visible:the square face underneath. But I'm not sure whether it had the square face. I remember once we got access underneath via the metal trapdoor as someone managed to cut/break the metal padlock. Underneath was all the mechanism and machinery for the water/heated ramp part of the initial design. But whether it had a square face above I cant recall, as I was too excited and scared....so maybe the wonder had 5 vertices, 8 edges and only 4 faces...(my cat could have told you...it used to follow me up to the shops and always hide under the pyry until I came out of the shops, then follow me back home...)

Comments

  1. It was effectively a hollow pyramid, as any of the kids who squeezed under the gap before they put the blocking bar in would tell you.

    The pump room was about two thirds the size of the pyramid base and it had two large pumps in it which sucked water from the deep sump and lifted it up over the lip out of sparge pipes into the upper pool.

    The sump was connected back to the corner of the Primary School where long slots under a short wall allowed the water to return from the lower pool.

    I only got in twice myself, before they fitted the padlock. (Before that, a square key would open it, as handily provided by any borrowed door handle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most informative thanks Shades. I remember the short wall very well...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Don't be shy - let it fly

Popular posts from this blog

Kenton Bar Pyramid - The Icon of Kenton Bar Estate

kenton bar football team 1974-75

Kenton Triumphant