Mensforth’s Bidding……

At the behest of Monsieur Mensforth I have put the photos side by side with the pictures he recently took whilst doing my bidding on Kenton Bar Estate.

The shots show two views of the pyramid – yes only 2 of the three in the world!! The second photo is dated as 1/1/81 so it has an age – I suspect the first picture is much earlier judging by the lack of graffiti.

I have to attribute the first photo to a chap called Ian Grey – I took the image from his excellent blog “Shades Of Grey” that can be found HERE

pyramid2 pyry 1 photo site july 2009 This is the  a comparison of  the  view towards
the small stand of shops at Mallowburn Crescent As you can see the pyramid is now totally erased
What a sad sad sight.
pyramid0001[5] Pyry 2 photo site july 2009 This is a comparison of the view towards
the other direction - towards Studdon Walk.
Again the pyry bank, pyry and all the
crappy ponds are gone. Now all is covered in flowers to paraphrase the great David Byrne

 

Comments

  1. It broke my heart to take these photos oh my brothers, let me tell you...tears streamed down my eyes to see what they had done to the site of the 8th wonder of the world...sob...sob...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Don't be shy - let it fly

Popular posts from this blog

Kenton Bar Pyramid - The Icon of Kenton Bar Estate

kenton bar football team 1974-75

Kenton Triumphant