What’s it all about eh?

Well – I was reminiscing along with some other “buddies” on another blog that I run called Thunderbird Ink and I thought it really was about time that there was a blog dedicated to Kenton Bar Estate – the place where I was brought up from the tender age of about 2 up until I left home at 20.

I don’t know what it is like now but back then it was a great place to live, hardly any traffic as most areas were paved and pedestrian only, surrounded by fields (until the blighters built the motorway and trading estate) and seemingly to me at the time – massive in every respect. garages to hide in, pyramids to climb and some great long hills to hurtle down on skateboard or bicycle.

So – welcome one and all – if you would like to contribute then send your submissions to eMail Kenton Bar Blog and I will publish them – all pictures received gratefully

Comments

  1. MonsieurMensforth here!
    Subject:Poshys and peasants:
    Kids at the top of the estate were rich and posh types.(Ryal Walk, Apperley Ave etc. Down at the bottom lived the rough unsavoury peasant types(Gunnerstone, Dunnykirk) In the middle was the normals-neither peasant nor posh(Studdon Walk, Thirston Way) Wonder if it is still the case, or whether the whole estate is now plagued with ruffians, bounders and loutish oafs?...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oi i lived in dunnykirk an im no scum

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a different perspective - the names of the streets nearer the bottom of the estate had sinister sounding names - Dunnykirk was about as far "south" as I was prepared to go - I almost never ventured into Gunnerstone - too scary.....I think it was also because some of these streets were too near Hillsview - danger of abduction etc.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Don't be shy - let it fly

Popular posts from this blog

Kenton Bar Pyramid - The Icon of Kenton Bar Estate

kenton bar football team 1974-75

Kenton Triumphant